When is it best to come for lap swimming?
Please be aware that Annette Kellerman caters for many programs and services, as such there are more suitable times for lap swimming than others. To view how many lanes are available please go to our Availability Page or see our printable Standard Availability. At times we will host the occasional school carnival, and at these times there will be limited space for lap swimming which will be publicised on the websites' availability and news page's.
What you need to know!
At Annette Kellerman we have a Lap Swimming Etiquette and Guideline that all patrons must abide by. You can view this online here.
Keep Watch @ Public Pool Policy
- Children (under 15 years) are not allowed entry unless under active supervision of a person 16 years or older.
- Parents and guardians should actively supervise their children at all times. As such, they should be dressed ready for action, including unexpected entry to a pool.
- For 0-5 year olds and non-swimmers a parent or guardian is in the water at all times within arms' reach of the child. It is best if you are engaging with your child i.e. playing with them, talking to them.
- For 6-10 year olds constant active supervision is required. Be prepared to get wet and enter the water with this age group.
- For 11-14 year olds it is recommended that a parents check up on their child by physically going to the point where they are in or around the water.
Swim Nappy Policy
Pool closures due to toilet related accidents are not a pleasant experience for patrons and pool management. Please do your part in ensuring that our centre can remain open to the public during opening hours.
- All children 3 years and under MUST wear a swimming nappy.
- Any person that is not complying with this policy will be asked to exit the pool.
- This Policy is in place to ensure the highest possible water quality for our swimmers.
- Please note that both disposable and reusable swim nappies are available for purchase at our reception. Our staff will help you to ensure the correct size for your child.
- We highly recommend that both a disposable and reusable nappy are worn to ensure that your child is accident free while in the water.
If in doubt, put a swim nappy on your child.
Our lifeguards primary role is the safety of individuals. As a condition of entry, all patrons must follow any reasonable instruction from a lifeguard.
Lifeguards will enforce facility safety rules and lane space allocations. Please assist our staff by adhering to our pool rules and lap swimming etiquette.
What makes our pool so advanced?
Our aquatic facility flaunts its’ new pools with a high-tech cleaning and filtration system;
- Automatically measures and regulates pool chemistry to ensure precise water balance and minimising chemical dosing,
- Makes its own Chlorine by running salt through an electrolysis system,
- Uses UV Sanitation to quickly break down materials in the water to increase the effectiveness of chlorine disinfection,
- Has the most modern high grade micro-filtration filters and filter medium to ensure no toxic or carcinogenic by-products, and
- Cycles all the water through the filtration and treatment system in around 2.5hours!
|Lap Pool||27 degrees||1.2m - 1.8m|
|Program Pool||32 degrees||0.9m - 1.1m|
|Splash Pool||32 degrees||0.2m - 0.5m|
- We a range of options to suit our patrons with concession rates for Students, Seniors, and Concession holders.
- Please see our prices page.